Need some help with routes on TomTom Go 730

This is my first time posting here, although I've read some things as well. I just got my TomTom Go 730 a couple weeks ago, and I have used it a few times. I've been playing with it as well. I bought it for a major trip I have coming up in a week.

I am having some difficulty getting it to do what I want it to do - lol.

I will be traveling from North Granby, CT to Nicholasville, KY. When I input the KY address, a route comes up and all that. However, the TomTom has me going over the Tappan Zee Bridge in NY, which I don't want to do. I tried the Avoid Part of Route feature, and it sends me over the George Washington Bridge in NY, which I don't want to do either. I want to go a very specific way - sort of out of the way - to avoid the whole New York City area. How can I do that? I know there's the Itinerary Planning thing I can do, but I don't want to get off the highway. I want to just travel a little out of the way, around the area, without getting off the highway. I know the two highways I want to take. Is there a way I can "customize" the route?

Also, how do you get rid of map markers? There isn't even anything in the manual about those. They come up as little green arrows on the map when you're browsing the route.

Thanks for any help!

Nevermind, I think I got it. I used the curser (blue cross hair thing) and placed it on the highway I wanted to use and clicked on the curser button on the bottom, and clicked on "Travel Via" (on second page of menu) and it brought me way around NYC. Is this the correct way to do it?

Drag the marker until its directly over your Home location on the device and they will vanish - Mike

Ask a Question