My TomTom doesn't open correctly on my mac

TomTom Model(s)
GO1005
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have a new GO1005 and a macbook pro 17" running OS X 10.8.2. I am having real trouble registering the device and using My TomTom. I have downloaded, tried, uninstalled several times and keep having the same effect. I can download the TomTom SA, install it on my computer, but it will not open properly. I have the small tom-tom icon in the top right of my computer (this is coloured black not red) and can access the little menus in this, but I have no screen on the desktop and it doesn't seem to load properly. My device is recognised and its telling me there are updates, but as soon as I try to manage the content, the TomTom site tells me to download their software again. I have tried uninstalling everything TomTom several times, but on each new install its the same - thanks in advance for any help out there! - john.

Get it here:

https://tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/deviceselector.jsp#

and the link for the MacOS is on the LEFT side.

???
If I follow that link, I need to click through a couple of badly-signposted links to other pages first, and when I finally get to the actual download page, the Mac and Windows downloads are BOTH on the left! (the Mac one is a 'plain text' link underneath the big blue button for the Windows one. The ones on the right are both for Home.

Strange. My link (IE8) shows a button 'Download my TomTom' in white on a black background. Underneath that is the link for OSx. It's on the left side of the screen. The country is set to UK.

Many thanks for the help. I have downloaded the correct application several times from the page you directed me to (I think the system recognises my mac as the main button is for OSX and underneath is the windows option). The main icon is indeed red hands on white drum, but the small icon on the upper bar of my computer is in black, maybe thats how its supposed to be. Either way, the software gets installed ok, but when I try to open in, nothing happens apart from this little icon appearing in the top right. The computer stays on finder, indicating its not opening and under 'force quit' the application is not there either - again indicating its not opening correctly. I downloaded TomTom home ok just to check and that opened fine (although I can't use that with my Go1005). Many thanks for all this - john.

Strange. My link (IE8) shows a button 'Download my TomTom' in white on a black background. Underneath that is the link for OSx. It's on the left side of the screen. The country is set to UK.

I think we both see the same...
My point was just that you said the one for OSx was on the left, and I was saying they are both on the left

Either way, the software gets installed ok, but when I try to open in, nothing happens apart from this little icon appearing in the top right. The computer stays on finder, indicating its not opening and under 'force quit' the application is not there either - again indicating its not opening correctly.
Mr Nuttall, I have the same problem as you. I just bought a Via 135, downloaded and installed MyTomTomSA, but nothing happens when I open it. I also tried to open it from the package contents (you can see them by right-clicking on the MyTomTomSA icon, and then clicking on "Show Package Contents"): opening the MyTomTomSA Unix executable file, after a few seconds you can see a "bus error" message in the terminal – still doesn't work, but maybe this information can be useful for someone...

Ask a Question