missing postcode search option on 'ONE 30 series'

1st post here so hoping to get some good advice...
I updated my Tomtom One (with UK and EU maps) as per the instructions, in doing so it seems to have removed my postcode search function. It seems to have moved them to a folder on my Mac and the files are 'Unix Executable File'
Can anyone explain in simple terms how I restore these to the device please? :)
Many thanks in advance for your help.

Download the latest Postcode data from Here and use something like "Stuffit Expander" to extract the download straight to the drive letter associated with your device.
For some stupid reason during updates if TomTom Home decides it needs more space on the device it will delete the zip file and, BINGO no postcode support, all part of the "upgrade" service (sic) - Mike

wow that's great such a fast reply, thanks Mike
I'm not much of a technology guy i'm afraid...could you explain what 'extract the download straight to the drive letter associated with your device.' means?
Many thanks

nick

When you plug the TomTom in to the computer it should appear as a drive letter, I don't use a MAC so I assume the device will show up as an identifiable drive on the MAC. All you need to do is connect the TomTom then use Stuffit Expander to extract the files from the download straight to the device (drive letter) and you will have full postcode availabe.
This would be far easier to explain if you had a PC available to do this - Mike

fantastic, thanks Mike, all working again!
Glad to hear it.

Bit of a daft system they have there though

You can say that again:

Bit of a daft system they have there though

Its nothing short of ridiculous to be honest, but nothing TomTom Home software does comes as a surprise these days, with the possible exception of when it does exactly what you want (prepare ones self for a long wait for that to happen) - Mike

Ask a Question