Looking for 910 FM transmitter mount experience

JCP

TomTom Model(s)
go 910
I have a GO910 and would like to have the sound going to my car speaker. There is FM transmitter mount for this model and would like to know if this a good option.

Quality sound? No. Works OK in B.F.E. Any metro area practically worthless. If you have a cassette deck buy a tape adapter. With MP3s it as good as it gets.

FM Mount

I have the FM mount and I do not like it. The signal is to week for my car. My car has the car radio antenna in the rear window and there is always noise in the radio because of the weak signal. If you car radio antenna is in the front window it may work fine. :cool:

As others have noted there are some issues with the fm mounts. In fact most all the fm modulators that are available have the same problem. Some actually allow one to tune slightly above and below the fm band for the United STates but most do not. The problem with the fm mount is that you are stepping down the quality of your mp3 for transmitting. With the noise and bleed over from powerful fm stations the quality is not great even if there is an unused frequency available. If you do not have an aux input on your car radio ask a local shop about adding one. Some have this option available. I had to install one on my sons car to accomodate his ipod.

Unfortunatly I dont have an aux input in my car. I like the HD Dice option Zerimar suggested, but they dont make it for my car. I can see with my car dealer what options they have for adding an Aux input or other options.

Ask a Question