Keeping same settings

When my Tom Tom is turned off with certain settings, for example, mute on, No Route planned......Upon turning it back on, the voice comes on and instructs me to turn. How do you keep the same settings to start unit every time? I have the 720GO

Go to Change Preferences > Start-up Preferences and make sure that "Continue where I left off" is selected

Go to Change Preferences > Start-up Preferences and make sure that "Continue where I left off" is selected
I've had a few similar gripes.

1)

Go to "Browse map"
Under options, click "traffic"

Next time I do a "Browse map", everything I had previously checked there has remained checked, except "traffic". Appears to be a transient (not sticky) setting.

Have never found any sticky preference setting for this elsewhere under "Change preferences", either.

2)

Under "Quick menu preferences", I keep DEselecting "FM transmitter", but the next time I boot up, there it is on my nav display again!

Under "Quick menu preferences", I keep Deselecting "FM transmitter", but the next time I boot up, there it is on my nav display again!

Hmm.. yes, I have the same problem with the Quick Menu; I would select "Call" and "Speak (dialog)" and both would disappear sometimes (I noticed this happens almost every time when I use TT HOME, especially when selected "Operate My GO" function).

I would agree that some of these functions are not "sticky" so they do get removed (I don't have my BT on all the times, so my phone isn't synced; I don't use "Computer Voices" at all times either, so maybe that's the problem). If that is the case I can see both pros and cons to it:

PRO - you don't use the feature, so it's turned off by TT
CON - although you don't use it, you would still like to see it in the menu so next time you do get to use it, you don't have to add it..

Maybe TT will fix this so when you don't use BT, it doesn't show in the menu (smart if you ask me), but as soon as you do enable it, it should automatically appear in the menu...

Hmm.. yes, I have the same problem with the Quick Menu; I would select "Call" and "Speak (dialog)" and both would disappear sometimes (I noticed this happens almost every time when I use TT HOME, especially when selected "Operate My GO" function).

I would agree that some of these functions are not "sticky" so they do get removed (I don't have my BT on all the times, so my phone isn't synced; I don't use "Computer Voices" at all times either, so maybe that's the problem). If that is the case I can see both pros and cons to it:

PRO - you don't use the feature, so it's turned off by TT
CON - although you don't use it, you would still like to see it in the menu so next time you do get to use it, you don't have to add it..

Maybe TT will fix this so when you don't use BT, it doesn't show in the menu (smart if you ask me), but as soon as you do enable it, it should automatically appear in the menu...

I have seen reference to this problem on a British tomtom forum. Essentially a bug in Home's software that causes TomTom to lose some of its settings when Virtual Go is run.

Ask a Question