Is XXL 540-S really good?

Can anyone confirm that autozoom is NOT configurable on the XXL540 (always enabled), but IS configurable at least in 2D mode on the XL340? dhn, you've got the XXL540. What's the story there?

Anyway, to the OP, "much better" depends mostly upon your eyesight! As Andy points out, the only major difference is screen size.

I see no setting on the 540 about auto-zoom. 2D or 3D. Mvl's chart says 'always' for it, so there you go.............

Yeah, I see it's the 340 that may be at least partly configurable, not the 540. Funny that they messed with that option.

So your 540 requires the auto-zoom function in both modes, but the 340 can have that shut off (or it doesn't even zoom) for at least the 2D mode? The auto-zoom all the time would drive me a little nuts. I like to fix it specifically for 2D and 3D differently, and I'm glad the 740 allows for that. Especially in 2D, I have a real problem with the scale of the map changing all the time - can't get a sense of distance with things bouncing in and out, and that's what the auto-zoom does to my brain.

Ask a Question