iPhone app update to V1,7

TomTom Model(s)
720, 930, 940, XL, One 3rd
Currently UK/ Europe gets the new app and map.

Speed camera location sharing between users and of course a new map, North America should be released soon - Mike

Went well with no issues so far. On a side note just to check out traffic, did a side by side with Navigon on the iPhone and TomTom 1.7 on the iPhone, for a very local short route on secondary two lane roads. TomTom showed a traffic delay as construction, Navigon did not show any delays, but after sevral minutes did say "traffic conditions have changed on you route", with no indication of a delay on the map or in the delay list section.

One issue that has come to light is with respect to using Third Party POI files on the app, you now need to use an image manipulation software on the PC and save each icon as 24 bit PNG file type otherwise the icons display as brick red squares all over your map - Mike

icons

Yes spent hours so far making the new icons to 24 bit and PNG !!.
Why cant tomtom do an upgrade or in this case a full download and install without wiping out all your settings etc etc..

Upgraded to 1.7 without any dramas. Favorites are still there but learned IQ routing seems to be reset. It forgot my preferred routing.

There is a really annoying new alert. I kept hearing the gong sound go off very very frequently. I then discovered under Alerts there is a new option to get alerts for "Places of worship & schools". I think the idea is good but somehow implementation seems to be flawed. I know there aren't that many "Places of worship & schools" on my route but somehow it keeps gonging! I had to turn that alert off.

Upgraded to 1.7 without any dramas. Favorites are still there but learned IQ routing seems to be reset. It forgot my preferred routing.

There is a really annoying new alert. I kept hearing the gong sound go off very very frequently. I then discovered under Alerts there is a new option to get alerts for "Places of worship & schools". I think the idea is good but somehow implementation seems to be flawed. I know there aren't that many "Places of worship & schools" on my route but somehow it keeps gonging! I had to turn that alert off.

OK, thank you found the gong and turned it off. Don't you just love it when you get new features and no manual to speak of. that is why I don't use Navigon. Great program good features good maps, no manual to tell you how to use it.

Good News/Bad News: Recent Update for iPhone 3GS

After the recent update:

Good News: the TomTom app on my iPhone 3 GS no longer keeps asking me to log into my iTunes account everytime I answer the phone while the app is running or if a radio station app is running in the background.

Bad News: The TT app no longer functions correctly. It will start out O.K. on a planned route then lose GPS lock with the map and auto icon moving all over the place off the route. After a while, it syncs up with the route. But this makes the app unreliable. It was working perfectly fine before the update. Can anyone guess what is happening?

Thanks.

Ask a Question