howto correct house number on map

Hi,

I just bought a Tomtom XL 355s. I found that my house number is not correct place shown on the map. So how can I correct it ?

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

There is no option to correct this on a device direclty,It can be reported via mapshare via report other error,

Last edited:
Switch the device on and go outside to the front of your house then tap Change Preferences/ Change Home location/ My Location (make sure the device has acquired a GPS fix prior to doing this) and your Home will now be set by Lat/ long rather than address which will be far more accurate - Mike

Switch the device on and go outside to the front of your house then tap Change Preferences/ Change Home location/ My Location (make sure the device has acquired a GPS fix prior to doing this) and your Home will now be set by Lat/ long rather than address which will be far more accurate - Mike

I did this long ago when my appartment numbers in my developement were not accurate. I also sent my house number through map share to tomtom. Took a year but all the numbers in my developement were corrected eventually.

thanks for that, I was curious about that too i was coming down my street and even thou i stopped in front of my house the GPS said i still had like 50-100 feet to go before 'reaching my destination'.

i stopped in front of my house the GPS said i still had like 50-100 feet to go before 'reaching my destination'.
If that bothers you, you can open TYRE and in edit move the coordinates to your correct location. TYRE seems to keep the written address and the coordinates in separate registers allowing you to change either without affecting the other.

I use that feature a lot for my custom POIs. Example, for my UK trip I made a custom category "UK" and entered all addresses of all the places I might go while there. Amongst others I had the National Railway museum in York. Finding that a month later while in London was very difficult as the TomTom starts showing street addresses by distance from current location and I had no idea what its street name was.

After finding TYRE I just put the location into TomTom as always, then open it with TYRE, type YORK and five spaces and save. Even though it is still not alphabetised, since the meaningful words are now at the left margin I can find my next destination very fast.

Amongst others I had the National Railway museum in York. Finding that a month later while in London was very difficult as the TomTom starts showing street addresses by distance from current location and I had no idea what its street name was.
For this scenario you can use Browse Map/ Find POI near City and select "York" (I am sure you would have remembered where the NRM is located) then select your POI category and the device will find and list the nearest 24 locations (or is it 48 these days) relative to the selected city within the POI category? Once the custom POI location is selected the device gives you the option to Navigate to it.

Now I wander slightly off-topic......

Next time you are in the UK try "Ellen Road" for a rather large steam engine and if you want a tour around it let me know as it could be aranged, its a twin tandem compound capable of 3000HP watching it start up is a sight you will remember for years as the acceleration rate of the 85 ton drive wheel is incredible, let me know next time you are over this side of the "pond"
Last time I took a trip to this steam engine with my 12 year old daughter who is fascinated by anything mechanical/ electronic etc she ended up shoveling coal, was put in the dog house when we got home though, as she was black from head to foot from the coal dust (wife didn't see the funny side of black hand prints all over the house). While she was shovelling coal I was outside watching someone running a jet engine so its a rather interesting place for a day out!

You should also have a look at the MSI in Manchester as thats also well worth a vist - Mike

2nd half of post completely OT

For this scenario you can use Browse Map/ Find POI near City and select "York" (I am sure you would have remembered where the NRM is located) then select your POI category and the device will find and list the nearest 24 locations (or is it 48 these days) relative to the selected city within the POI category? Once the custom POI location is selected the device gives you the option to Navigate to it.
Just tried it and found it takes 9 taps to get to the NRM per Browse map but it only takes 7 taps to Navigate to my custom POI directly.
I will keep this procedure in mind for trying to go to a built in POI, Restaurant, Parking garage, etc. in a city of choice.
Now I wander slightly off-topic......

Next time you are in the UK try "Ellen Road" for a rather large steam engine and if you want a tour around it let me know as it could be aranged, its a twin tandem compound capable of 3000HP watching it start up is a sight you will remember for years as the acceleration rate of the 85 ton drive wheel is incredible, let me know next time you are over this side of the "pond"
Last time I took a trip to this steam engine with my 12 year old daughter who is fascinated by anything mechanical/ electronic etc she ended up shoveling coal, was put in the dog house when we got home though, as she was black from head to foot from the coal dust (wife didn't see the funny side of black hand prints all over the house). While she was shovelling coal I was outside watching someone running a jet engine so its a rather interesting place for a day out!

You should also have a look at the MSI in Manchester as thats also well worth a vist - Mike
Unfortunately, when I am over there SWMBO's friends and family take precedence over my likes.
I had made arrangements to run at the Live Steam tracks Warrington & District MESk in Daresbury, got the Mad Hatter jumper to prove it, and at Northampton. Each of them about an hours drive from our prespective hosts. While we were in Ampthill our hosts there had to leave for a couple of days and I decided to go up to the NRM, having Fish & Chips in Scarborough that evening. Did I mention that I live in Scarborough.
In Ireland I did manage a two hour detour to visit the Listowel & Ballybunion steam (monorail).

I have sister engine to the Agenoria at NRM in 1-1/2" Live Steam, reflected in my Avatar.

Ask a Question