Help needed with Go 730T please

Qai

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730T
I have just bought a go 730 traffic off ebay and it is suppose to be new
1. the free update has expired
2. the active speech is all grey and doesnt work, I do not have any csspeech files in my UK map, an I download them anywhere ??
3. what is the sd card slot for ?

Hope somwone can help, thanks

Welcome to TTF.

1. That model is almost four years old. I have my doubts anyone still has a new one available. That said, tap the satellite bars to see the application installed. The latest is 8.351. Then, tap that screen and the following will show the map installed and its version. The latest is 865 and 870 is due within a week or so.

2. The cspeech.dat files are not for text to speech but for Voice recognition. Select a computer voice for text to speech.

3. The slot can handle a sdhc card up to 32 gigs in size if the application is 8.302 or higher. The faster the speed the better (class 6+) and a reliable brand, not the junk usually offered on ebay.

hi
the version is 8.351
Map Western and central europe 2GB v 825.2157
yes i meant voice recognition, to speak to give address
can i download the cspeech files anywhere
thanks

I don't know where you can get the appropriate cspeech files for that map. You also need a text file called support_asr.dat (NOT support_asr.dat.txt) with just a 1 in it (no spaces, no quotes, notthing else) and this file goes in the asr folder.

But, the proper csspeechXX.dat file for Great Britian, I just don't know.

yes i have that file in the asr folder.
do i need to download the new map and will it have all the files and folders for the the asr in the new map, if not where can i get them

Maps are supposed to include the appropriate cspeech files. I know the 840 Western_and Central_Europe map included the cspeech.dat file for GBR as well as the other countries so I presume more recent maps do as well.

Thanks

Thank you for all your help
I think ive been kidded on the so called new machine, but its a cool machine so i dont mind
I will wait for the new map to come out
and 1 last Q, what do I put on the SD card, is it music or do the maps go on it, i only have 115mbfree space left on the hard drive
thanks again

The beauty of that model is that you can put maps AND mp3 files (as long as they are in a folder called mp3 (all lower case) AND images as well, if you are so inclined.

A 4 gb sdhc card should get you all of Europe and still lots of room for mp3's.

The beauty of that model is that you can put maps AND mp3 files (as long as they are in a folder called mp3 (all lower case) AND images as well, if you are so inclined.

... and text files, and simple html pages and audiobooks too!

Ask a Question