Help computer does not read tt and tthome errors out?

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom 720
trying to update tt720 and when I hook it up to my computer and try use explorer to go to it I get incorrect perrameter and NOT accesible. and when I try thru home, home errors out. I've already uninstalled home and reinstalled for tt website and I've tried a reset. any help would be great.

fixed it myself problem was that my computer was built just before the switch to usb 2.0 so I have only usb1.1 and tomtom 720 did not like that. went out and a 4 usb 2.0 pci card put it onto the computer and bam everthing works great.

fixed it myself problem was that my computer was built just before the switch to usb 2.0 so I have only usb1.1 and tomtom 720 did not like that. went out and a 4 usb 2.0 pci card put it onto the computer and bam everthing works great.
If true, that's very, very naughty indeed. Per the usb.org standard, all USB 2.0 compliant devices must be reverse compatible with the 1.1 standard.

Will have to try to connect my 720 to my notebook (only has 1.1) and see what happens.

it did work for about a week and I started getting the problem not being able to access the drive. it would show up but not read and bive me a warning bubble would work better with ubs2.0

it did work for about a week and I started getting the problem not being able to access the drive. it would show up but not read and bive me a warning bubble would work better with ubs2.0
The "warning bubble" is normal for a 1.1 device plugged into a Windows based 2.0 computer. Shame there's no way to turn that off...

The "not read" is a different problem. Sounds as though your USB port had issues.

The "warning bubble" is normal for a 1.1 device plugged into a Windows based 2.0 computer. Shame there's no way to turn that off...

The "not read" is a different problem. Sounds as though your USB port had issues.

My computer was only ubs 1.1 tomtom720 is a hi-speed usb and reading online some hi-speed will not work. as the case with me, then you get into other computer stuff like how long it'll wait and that were my failed. but $10 for a new usb 2.0 pci card was will worth it. btw any looking for one right now circuit city . com. $9.99. I put that in and added the dat file and new map update now sitting back happy with voice inputs.:) :cool:

Ask a Question