Has anyone added open source programs to their unit?

I was just googling what I could find on me new Tomtom, when I came across this page, and in particular I found this quite interesting.

Being one that does not like to leave well enough alone, I am thinking about doing some tinkering and seeing what kind of add-ons I can put on.

I was just wondering if anyone on this board has done anything like this?

cheers!

I was just googling what I could find on me new Tomtom, when I came across this page, and in particular I found this quite interesting.

Being one that does not like to leave well enough alone, I am thinking about doing some tinkering and seeing what kind of add-ons I can put on.

I was just wondering if anyone on this board has done anything like this?

cheers!

Yup....tons of 3rd party applications out there and they work quite well.

If you are a tweaker, you might want to check out my webpage:
>>> TomTom Goodies <<

Here is a direct link to 3rd party applications:
>>> 3rd Party Apps <<<

Thanks - very interesting page(s)!

The one that is catching my eye is the event logger, have you used it?

Do you have any personal favorite 3rd party apps? Just curious..

Hi Glen

I am using Event_logger on my One XL-S. I can produce tracks on maps of where I have been!

It is a powerful package. I am only using it as a toy as I know where I went :)

The default track is shown on TeleAtlas maps from the Google API so it matches the map on my GPS.

Thanks - is the event logger an easy add on? I'm wondering if it is just an add on or does the entire firmware have to be reflashed or recompiled?

Thanks - is the event logger an easy add on? I'm wondering if it is just an add on or does the entire firmware have to be reflashed or recompiled?

It's an easy add-on...basically copy all the files and folders directly to the root of the TomTom. Just be sure to view the README file to see if you have to change any other settings, but there is no need to recompile or reflash.....just copy and go...

Ask a Question