Hardwire cable for TT Go 730

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
I have a Honda CBR600RR-07 and have recently bought a TT Go 730 for using on it when I go to watch Moto GP abroad. I live in Brighton, England.
I have seen on a website the following hardwire cable:
UNIVERSAL HARDWIRE CHARGING CABLE - CARS MOTORBIKES VANS TRUCKS BOATS (SKU 6138)
I am unsure if I should connect it straight to the battery but as I am not mechanically minded I wouldn't know what else to do. I have been told to not as it could drain the battery but I can not see how when I am not using the sat nav. The other option is using the female end to the cigarette lighter connector:
http://www.buybits.com/product/sku_6315.aspx

I am also wondering how to keep the usb waterproof as it use my bike 365 days a year, when it isn't snowing that is.

Can I have your views please?

Cheers, Paul

Last edited:
Why not use the power cable supplied with the device, simply add a car ciggy socket to the bike and plug that in, the charger cable contains a voltage regulator to keep the voltage at 5V. To connect the ciggy lighter socket to the bike go via a fused output that is switched via the ignition key to prevent the bikes battery being flattened when not in use - Mike

Thanks Mike.
Thisis what I found on the BuyBits website but I wasn't sure whether I want to lift my seat every time I used my sat nav to connect it and disconnect it because if not then it would be connected all the time and no real difference between this and the link that I gave to the hardwire cable other than having a ciggy lighter socket for other things with a dustcap. I don't think the ciggy lighter thing has a fuse, just a switch which won't save the satnav if something went wrong but I am no electrician.
The hardwire cable will also charge my phone which is quite good.
Would this be safe:
DIRECT HARD WIRE LIGHTER SOCKET for CARS, VANS, TRUCKS, MOTORCYCLES (SKU 6315)

Ask a Question