Good Eats custom POI

I have custom POI category I call Good Eats. In it I put restaurants, coffee houses, etc that I find and enjoy. I especially do this on trips, so when I go back I can easily find these eateries again. Even though some (maybe all) of these locations might exist in the built in POI, I do not mind the duplication for ease of use.

Has anyone ever thought of compiling a Good Eats POI category from suggestions here?

I live in TX but travel occasionally, and think it would be great to have suggestions from locals or other travelers.

In general I do not include chain restaurants etc, but local venues (or local chains).

How doable is this idea, and is anyone else interested?

Don

Custom POI

To start, I went to the manage POI, added a category, and now when I find a POI I like, I add it to the category. Either from the existing POI data (i.e. Restaurants) or GPS position. If I can find the actual address (at the time, or later in google or something) I add it that way, with the phone number.

Don

Well, here is the beginning of my Good Eats POI. It is mostly in Texas, though there are some reflected on trips. They are a blend of restaurants, road side BBQs and coffee shops. I have tried to make it obvious what you are getting by name.

Some of these already existed in the Restaurants POI, but I wanted to be able to easily find places I like.

Don

Attachments

• Good_eats.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 302

Ask a Question