go 940 problems

TomTom Model(s)
Hi there i was wondering if anybody can help me, i purchased a tomtom go 940 around a year ago and it has started resetting its self every now and then, usually at the worst time :confused: also today i have had a new icon appear which looks like a satellite dish crossed out.

can anybody help me out with this?

many thanks

jud

Is that icon NOT showing that there is a loss of Live signal from the servers???

Sounds more like the loss of a GPRS signal for which the icon displays lower left on the screen - Is this the case, if so where were you located when this occured?

Does the Live services summary screen show your device connected to the network or not? - Mike

I have not renewed live, but that was a year ago and i was wondering why it has suddenly appeared, yes it is in the bottom left of the screen, also every time i switch it on now it works for about a minute then restarts again then every couple of hours it restarts, very annoying.

Cheers for the replies

jud

My 740 has also rebooted after the initial power up, just this morning as a fact. So far I've only noticed it perhaps three times or so over the past couple of months. Figured I'd run the clear flash tool when I get a minute to see if that helps.

I've noticed lots of reboots on my 930 if the Tomtom is too busy on poweron. It's almost as if it runs out of ram and crashes.

My Tomtom connects to my GPS, phone, FM, traffic, and initiates auto-dim/auto-volume all at once. If I don't wait for a few of them to finish before planning a route, it crashes often.

I've found a workaround is to set the 930 to go to the "navigate to" screen in "startup preferences". Then I wait until it says connected to phone/fm/traffic, before choosing a destination. This "Navigate to" screen is less resource intensive than the map (giving it resources to do all the other startup stuff), and I haven't had a startup crash yet with this workaround.

will give that a go cheers, you would of thought spending all that money on a top of the line nav that it would be powerful enough to handle its own features :confused:

cheers

jud :cool:

nope still doing it, so the conclusion is the tomtom go 940 is a big pile of cack!!!:mad::mad::mad: have to keep my ?89 tomtom one to hand for when the time comes that this bag of poo stops working. i feel like i've gone from mac to windows it's that bad!!!

Now that app 9.054 has been released, I found the frequency of reboots has dropped significantly.

Still, I find one very frequent reboot. If I poweroff before reaching my destination, it often reboots on the next start up. This doesn't happen if I arrive at my destination before poweroff.

A workaround for the above:
1) clear route before power off if you don't reach your destination (even if you're 100 feet away).
2) Also, for POI locations you frequently go to, use mapshare to move the POI to the exact real-world location so you "reach your destination" more frequently.

Without the workaround, I have a reboot 1-2 times a day. With the workaround, my reboots drop to once a month or less.

My 940 kept resetting a couple of minutes after bootup. This happened consistantly. The only thing that had changed was that I had updated some POIs on Home. Removed these and all was fine.

Ask a Question