GO 820 Live - case opening?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 820 Live Go 720
Anybody opened it up to change battery? pictures or description would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen an 820/825 specific case cracking yet, but it's likely similar to other recent models we've documented.

That's a fairly recent unit. How is yours behaving in terms of on-time when not connected? How long have you had it? I'd figure it for being under warranty still.

Got it for free off a friend who said it didn't work and they did not want the hassle of repairing it, it powers up ok on a charger car,computer, etc but will not charge and as soon as the charger is removed it goes blank. Seems to be the battery is absolutely dead. Had Tom Tom`s before but this one does not seem to have any access, screw holes and leverage holes. The bezel around the unit must cover the screws.:confused:

Given what should be the age of this unit (< 1 year), why not have your friend try to get it replaced under warranty? You can't do it, but he can.

And yes, the opening methods are a bit more subtle than they used to be. I don't know which of the three current styles the 820/825 follow, but see if the 1000 series instructions here are of help: https://www.tomtomforums.com/t26379-tomtom-go-1000-how-take-apart-replace-battery.html

I decided not to do anything myself and contacted Tom Tom as the unit is quite new so they are looking into it after several bits of communication with the help desk, will post on outcome.:)

Update - TomTom have supplied me with new Go 820 Live and it works perfectly so I am a very happy TomTom user :D

Ask a Question