GO 730 Error incident IDs

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
Having had some problems and am now awaiting pre-paid bag to return my 730 for repair/replacement I notice in 'System Information' that I have a few Error incident IDs. listed:

17664503, 17669969, 17671196, 17675178, 18189513

Does anyone know what these relate to??

On another subject DTN great thead, Announcements in Forum : TomTom GO 630/720/720T/730/730T/740.

How about putting a sticky up for backing-up/restore (including reformatting Memory & SD cards and battery problems as these are posted all over the place. This would give a one-stop place to look??

Last edited:
Those incident ids refer, I believe, to previous questions you logged with TomTom. Each question gets a reference number.

How to backup is located here.

Having had some problems and am now awaiting pre-paid bag to return my 730 for repair/replacement I notice in 'System Information' that I have a few Error incident IDs. listed:

17664503, 17669969, 17671196, 17675178, 18189513

Does anyone know what these relate to??

On another subject DTN great thead, Announcements in Forum : TomTom GO 630/720/720T/730/730T/740.

How about putting a sticky up for backing-up/restore (including reformatting Memory & SD cards and battery problems as these are posted all over the place. This would give a one-stop place to look??

Received from Tech Support:

These error messages all relate to the downloading or accessing of files on the device through TomTom Home. These are generic error reports and they could have occurred at any time you have been using TomTom Home, these do not indicate a fault with the device and would not be related to the repair that has been booked.

There is no connection with questions asked of Tech Support by email but it would have been nice to find out what they relate to. Seem to be like error codes recorded by car electronics system which can be used in diagnosis of faults?

Last edited:
I apologize for my misinformation.....:(

No apology was necessary but I do wish TomTom would would supply an information bank on error codes. I hate this 'secret squirrel' set-up.

Last edited:

Ask a Question