Go 1000 rushed into market to early?

TomTom Model(s)
Go950 live
I have been desperate to get my hands on a 1000, then I saw this on the tomtom website tonight....I think i will wait!!

We are currently introducing MyTomTom for the latest generation of TomTom devices. MyTomTom helps you manage the contents and services of your navigation device.

Some features may not yet be available but will be in the near future.

?Latest Map Guarantee - the latest and most complete map available for your device is already pre-installed. You are entitled to one free map download if a new map should become available within 30 days of you first using your TomTom device.

?Speed Cameras - updates are not yet available for your device. Speed cameras are pre-installed on your TomTom device. If you have a LIVE device, mobile speed cameras will be available over the air.

?LIVE Services - all LIVE devices come with a 1-year free subscription to LIVE services.

?Fuel Prices - the Fuel Prices service is no longer available as part of LIVE services.

?Backing up - currently this functionality is not available for your device.

?Adding POIs - currently this functionality is not available for your device.

?Purchasing maps - currently this functionality is not available for your device.

?Downloading voices - currently this functionality is not available for your device.

?Managing maps - currently this functionality is not available for your device.

?Activating promotions (service cards, etc) - currently this functionality is not available for your device.

?QuickGPSFix - all LIVE devices download QuickGPSFix automatically. QuickGPSFix is not yet available for non-LIVE devices.

?Map Share corrections - currently this functionality is not available for your device.

?Sharing favourites - currently this functionality is not available for your device.

MyTomTom will offer any updates automatically once they are available for your device. Subscribe to this FAQ and you will be instantly notified of these updates.

I think waiting is a good strategy.......no, on second thought, a GREAT strategy. ;)

I guess they "forgot" to mention the missing Itinerary Planning support or the missing Bluetooth Audio output, if I were you I would wait on the fence for this lot to pan out to be honest - Mike

Got to agree I looked for the Itinery support and not there I use this and drop 20 odd points in for my deliveries on my 920 and cant do without it . and custom poi's is a must ,,, this unit seems a very big backward step and will lose tom tom a lot more of the market share if they don't address it very quickly ..
I too will be watching and not buying

Ask a Question