Fuel Prices problem (LIVE services) not the $

TomTom Model(s)
740 LIVE
Ok, I am trying to work with the Fuel Prices feature on my 740. I need assistance with how the files are on the TT. Initially I believe it worked, but after the last map update, selecting it on my TT, it says to select it from HOME. Ok, from HOME I select Fuel Prices and get the following: Location: My Computer,
actial: D:\Bills TOMTOM\complete\fuelprice\Fuel_prices_USA-1\fuelPrices.cab. Now i click ADD and get the folowing error:
ERROR: TomTom HOME has fuel prices for a gas station which is not on your map.
Stack:...
On my TT, folder fuel_prices, i only see FuelStations.tlv. On my first and second MANUAL backup (THANKS TT Forum members and moderators!!!!!!!!!!!!!), it only has the same folder with the single file..
So - any suggestions, as it will not work as is.. Thanks~

Ahasher,

Does everything else work (traffic / weather)? If so, go to manage my Tomtom and try removing fuel prices from your computer and your Tomtom.

Then disconnect and try downloading again on the Tomtom.

MVL,
All LIVE services work - well ...working on the cameras option. I first tried copying the folder with the 4 files but got a read error from HOME upon reset and attempting to add. I then tried removing the fuel prices folder altogether but got an error in HOME, again saying it was unreadable. I need to know what the folder name and files should be on the TT so I have a starting point. My Manual backups were after this stopped working I'm afraid. Same single fine. My 740 works great, strong signal and fast acquisition (I found out about updating to the SC card is a problem), and this isn’t really a feature I use, but I this helps see how to deal with updates and configurations. Thanks!!

MVL,
All LIVE services work - well ...working on the cameras option. I first tried copying the folder with the 4 files but got a read error from HOME upon reset and attempting to add. I then tried removing the fuel prices folder altogether but got an error in HOME, again saying it was unreadable. I need to know what the folder name and files should be on the TT so I have a starting point. My Manual backups were after this stopped working I'm afraid. Same single fine. My 740 works great, strong signal and fast acquisition (I found out about updating to the SC card is a problem), and this isn?t really a feature I use, but I this helps see how to deal with updates and configurations. Thanks!!

If you can't read from the Tomotm you probably have a corrupt file system. Try running a chkdsk /f on the Tomtom drive.

If that doesn't help, back up everything you can mnually. See if you can isolate the file that can't copy and copy every other file to your backup. Then you can reformat the tomtom and put your backup files back. You can always reinstall the application to recover the file, and if you used latest map guarantee, you can recover your map for free (withing a year after downloading it the first time).

Well, I deleted it from my computer using HOME. I went to Update my GO and Lo and Behold, Fuel prices were showing as available as a download. Started the download, but get the SAME error: ERROR: TomTom HOME has fuel prices for a gas station which is not on your map. Install aborted. Oh well, I can read a gas station sign easier anyway.

The only time I've seen this before is here, but if HOME can't remove the fuel files, I bet it's just Tomtom drive corruption.

You can try a full software wipeout:
1) backup the Tomtom per this link, if a file can't be backed up then just skip it and back up the rest. If you have to skip a file, post its name and we can tell you how to recover it.
2) format the Tomtom as fat32
3) copy your backup back onto the Tomtom
4) try to remove fuel from the Tomtom and computer. If that now succeeds, try readding fuel prices.

Last edited:

Ask a Question