Fields disappearing on 2405

Hello, I have a question about the 2405. When I initially select a destination, the bottom right field displays the arrival time. However, if I choose to select the traffic button, the bottom right field with the arrival time disappears and never comes back. can anyone explain why? Thank you.

Can you explain what you mean by "the traffic button"? Do you mean "show home->work traffic"?

Sorry, yes. That's exactly what I mean. When I want to see the home-work traffic, the bottom right field, which displays the time/distance left disappears. And it doesn't come back unless I stop the route and restart it. Once it a while it'll come back after 10 minutes or so. Also, the bottom middle field sometimes disappears (the volume control).

Many Tomtom models have that bug. When you do "show home/work traffic" it recalculates the route from your house to work, and erases the destination time.

That would otherwise be fine except that it never shows the time again while driving. And if you keep driving on that route, the time never shows.

If you drive off the route, it recalculates a new route from your new position, and then shows the time.

I've contacted Tomtom about the bug, but the haven't confirmed if/when it might be fixed. As with all Tomtom bugs, call Tomtom about it, the more calls they get the more they prioritize a particular fix.

A workaround would be to Navigate to your work (you can add it as a favorite or favorite destination to make it easier), and then tap the lower right corner. Tapping the lower right corner shows the traffic from your current position to your destination, and doesn't cause the arrival time to disappear.

this is great advice. Thanks for taking the time to share. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. Much appreciated.

While I'm at it, I have another question. My favorites keep disappearing. I can't figure out why. Sometimes they appear, sometimes they do not. Manage favorites seems to work OK. Nothing is ever lost. But they always disappear from the favorites. Any reason why?

I've heard about that too.

Try enabling "favorite destinations" from start up settings. It tends to minimize how often the problem occurs.

I'd also recommend contacting Tomtom about it so that their developers can prioritize a fix.

Sorry, yes. That's exactly what I mean. When I want to see the home-work traffic, the bottom right field, which displays the time/distance left disappears. And it doesn't come back unless I stop the route and restart it. Once it a while it'll come back after 10 minutes or so. Also, the bottom middle field sometimes disappears (the volume control).
I had exactly the same thing too!

At least, I'm glad it's not a 100x/2x05 only bug :p

I added your bug in my list here
https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...uggestions-here-go-1000-1005-2405-2505-a.html

Ask a Question