Feature Requests

Hi all

I had a look over on the Tomtom.com site and couldn't find a discussion forum or feature request section. Are these avail?

I'm a TT One V3 owner and have some questions / feature requests -

1. Is it possible just to disable to voice nav but leave the alert sounds on? I find the voice nav irritating at times but I don't want to disable all the sound else I'll miss alerts such as school zones etc.

2. I really like the power saving feature where it turns off the screen until the next instruction. The only problem is this function only seems to work when on battery power. On long trips I'd like to keep the unit plugged into the car charger and still be able to use this feature.

3. When driving down a long highway I notice that the TT notifies you of each exit ramp showing it's distance etc but tells you to remain on the highway. Can this be changed so it shows only the exit that I need to take and the distance to it? I could go past a dozen exits before the one I need and I'd prefer that TT draw my interest only when necessary.

Cheers,
Dazza

Hi all

I had a look over on the Tomtom.com site and couldn't find a discussion forum or feature request section. Are these avail?

1. Is it possible just to disable to voice nav but leave the alert sounds on? I find the voice nav irritating at times but I don't want to disable all the sound else I'll miss alerts such as school zones etc.

2. I really like the power saving feature where it turns off the screen until the next instruction. The only problem is this function only seems to work when on battery power. On long trips I'd like to keep the unit plugged into the car charger and still be able to use this feature.

3. When driving down a long highway I notice that the TT notifies you of each exit ramp showing it's distance etc but tells you to remain on the highway. Can this be changed so it shows only the exit that I need to take and the distance to it? I could go past a dozen exits before the one I need and I'd prefer that TT draw my interest only when necessary.

Cheers,
Dazza
1. I don't think that can be done. There are so many voices out there, I'm sure you could find one that doesn't annoy you.
2.I don't think this would work, because if you have it plugged in, you don't need to save the battery!
3.It should only show the distance to your next turn. I'm not sure I follow what you're talking about.
Good luck!

Hi all

Yes......what you need is what is called the 'Silent Voice' which does exactly what you want. The link is here:

http://www.gpsice.co.uk/silentvoice.html

Thanks for that the 'Silent Voice' works like a treat! :)

Know of something similar that will give a small beep/alert for each instruction?

Anyone know if Tomtom have a feature requests section? I didn't find their site to be too user friendly.

Dazza

I don't know if this can be considered a feature, but I'd like to see more details on the map when it is zoomed out past the point where it drops the back roads. Keep them visible as thin black lines another two zoom steps out.

Also, I'd prefer it to keep the zoom which I select rather than zoom back in where IT wants to be. I want to be able to see the roads on the map sooner than the default zoom allows, with out having to constantly zoom out.

I may be a little spoiled since my company provided laptop has nRoute and a Garmin.

Ask a Question