Error reading dct file

I bought a XL LIVE IQ routes and when I connected it to the PC and run TomTom Home I get an error

ERROR: DesktopLib/DeviceItemScan/Error: Error during scanning for navigation items HomeBase/IO: Error reading file: E:\Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB\Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB-26.meta.dct
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1938)

If I try to operate with tomtom home I get the message in portuguese (I'm from Portugal)

You can't use this map with this equipment Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB-26

But I was able to use the map with the equipment until I decided to uninstall and reinstall TomTom Home with the equipment connected.

No I get also the same error using the unit alone.

Anyone can help?

First, try a reset on the unit. If that doesn't help,.....

Assuming the map is a legitimate map, perhaps the .dct file got corrupt somehow.

If the map is an upgrade from the map that originally came with the unit, then you'll find it stored here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

View the contents of the .cab file with WinRar and you'll find another .cab file in it with one file, the <map>.meta.dct file. Extract it to the specific map folder on the unit, overwriting what is there.

The device and software are legitimate purchased at a store.

I would tend to assume it is a corruption.

And I have no backup. It's brand new.

How to reset the unit?

It doesn't have any reset button.

Also the device doesn't use card.

I tried that

The device shows a black screen with technical information about the hardware. And nothing more.

I push the button down again and the device starts and asks for some configuration details like language, time, etc..

But after this the error pops again.

Try this:

Download the Clear Flash tool from here: tomtom.com/6211

Run it 3 times.

Did it already but the result is the same: Initial reconfiguration and error with map.

I continue to bet in the corruption of the dct file.

TomTom Home isn't able to read it.

Try running Latest Map Guarantee in HOME, you should get a new map and it'll have a new DCT file.

The DCT file is the unique file that locks your maps to your serial number, so someone else's file won't work for you. If Latest Map Guarantee doesn't wok, call Tomtom support and they should be able to assign a map to your HOME account to download (you may have to fax a receipt copy).

Ask a Question