Dunkin' Donuts POI

Download and unzip to "USA_and_Canada" folder on the TomTom SD card.

Attachments

• Dunkin_Donuts.zip
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,459
Germantown MD Dunkin Donuts missing

Route 118 and Wisteria drive. NorthEast corner of that intersection.

FYI

when it try to open the ov2 file with POIEdit it gets and error. I Have the same trouble with the one I downloaded fro TomTomHome. If I convert it to csv file I get the info but toe coordinates are messed up. I think the ' is messing it up. I have a smaller DD files that works fine. Can you reconvert this file without the ' so that I can edit it in POIEdit to add some new places & fix a couple of old ones.
Thanks

Wolverine,

I am having the same exact problems as you. I can't edit either Jason's file or the Dunkin Donuts file downloaded from TT. Did you find a working file?

I am told that the DD file downloaded from TT is encrypted.

chiwahwah

It is encrypted. You can't opn the DD poi or the Retail Store poi- at least not to my knowledge!!

Is this the same file as on tomtom home, or am i better off downloading the one from above?

Is this the same file as on tomtom home, or am i better off downloading the one from above?

It would seem that this is the same file otherwise you would have been able to open it if it was made by a member. TT considers this information to be copyright ownership. I think it's fine if they do not want yoyu to change the info. i just wish you append new pois to it!!

It would seem that this is the same file otherwise you would have been able to open it if it was made by a member. TT considers this information to be copyright ownership. I think it's fine if they do not want yoyu to change the info. i just wish you append new pois to it!!

You can append! I just did it for the Dunkin Donuts category that I downloaded from TT.

chiwahwah

You can append! I just did it for the Dunkin Donuts category that I downloaded from TT.

chiwahwah

Thanks for the info!! I tried appending some local stores to the retail store poi and it would not do it. I kept getting an error message!!

Thanks for the info!! I tried appending some local stores to the retail store poi and it would not do it. I kept getting an error message!!

I was able to delete some incorrect DD POI's and add some others. I could edit their names, but not their locations. That's why I had to delete some.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have the menu hack. I have a button that says "Manage POIs." I don't remember if this is available on the original One v3 menu

Dunkin Donuts download from TT has many errors

I sat down to review the Dunkin Donuts POI download from TT last night. I wanted to check my local area. It has a handful of errors. Two major categories of errors:

1. Missing stores. No problem as I can accept new DD's popping up.

2. Stores close to an existing DD, but up to a mile off in actual location. This has happened twice so far in my research. In both instances, these erroneous store locations were actually stores located hundreds of miles away. All of the data was correct (indicated address and phone number), just the placement on the map was obviously way off.

I am able to delete and add POI's from this TT downloaded POI. Maybe because I have the menu hack in place.

Finally, I emailed TT with the erroneous data.

Overall I am glad to have the POI though as I love their coffee!

Last edited:
I sat down to review the Dunkin Donuts POI download from TT last night. I wanted to check my local area. It has a handful of errors. Two major categories of errors:

1. Missing stores. No problem as I can accept new DD's popping up.

2. Stores close to an existing DD, but up to a mile off in actual location. This has happened twice so far in my research. In both instances, these erroneous store locations were actually stores located hundreds of miles away. All of the data was correct (indicated address and phone number), just the placement on the map was obviously way off.

I am able to delete and add POI's from this TT downloaded POI. Maybe because I have the menu hack in place.

Finally, I emailed TT with the erroneous data.

Overall I am glad to have the POI though as I love their coffee!

I foud many errors w/ the DD poi. One in my area is three blocks from where TT says it is!!

Ask a Question