Dual View ALG

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE 1535M and XXL-540TM
I assume this is hard coded into the maps for the region... asia I am guessing... and that there is no way to do this on US TT's.

Am I correct?

Attachments

• xxl550.jpg
    xxl550.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 397
I've seen something like that before and think it's really a 'photoshopped' image.

That visual functionality is certainly NOT available on any model I have seen.

A display such as this would be an improvement to some of the devices though, currently you when the unit kicks in to ALG you lose certain information such as current speed, with this split display everything is shown on the screen.

Never seen it on a device but the iPhone app and the new PND units such as the Go-1K/ Go-2405 would certainly benefit from it IMHO - Mike

This is an Asian-specific Tomtom feature. Seems silly that Tomtom didn't release it in other markets.

At least one version of NNG's iGo software also allows for split screen views, used on the extra-wide screen Motonav TN765's. I don't recall if ALG alongside the map was an option tho.

You can see the devices here.
Wow. I'm trying to imagine what life would be like here if we had those firmware versions all thrown into our existing mix to manage. Yikes. Had no idea there were more builds just for Asia that were that different. Their GO250, 550 and 750 all show those split screens. I wonder if the GO250 for Australia/NZ looks that way, too?

The screenshot for the Aussie 250 just shows the standard 'Reality View' image on the device, not the split screen.

(same with the Kiwi model 250)

Both TomTom and Garmin offer strikingly different application versions for their Asian devices, and both offer more features. Why? I dunno. At another mainstream forum there's an entire thread dedicated to hacking Garmin's Asian firmware versions for North American use.

Last edited:

Ask a Question