Does TT Home add value

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I'm just wondering if using Tom Tom Home adds any value to having a TT Device? Especially once you are outside of free map updates.

I've upgraded my firmware but could have done that via this forum's connections and help. I needed help with voices and stuttering and again this forum came to the rescue - loaded the V7 Loquendo and some nice voices and everything is working fine.

I've upgraded my firmware to a version not supported by My GO - but don't know what I would have needed My Go for anyway.

Just thinking out loud - I connect to TT Home with no problems but I really wonder if the GPSfixes and mapshare updates are worth going through the motions of connecting. Of course I do realize that some users who live in large metropolitan areas might have a greater need for mapshare updates than my rural arrangement.

Thanks,

Mule

I've had my TT (3rd edition) for more than a year and I'm still able to use HOME.

Every time I connect it still offers a firmware update (which I refuse) along with GPS quickfixes. I'm surprised that I'm still getting mapshare updates as well. Of course you can get GPS quickfixes without using HOME... which is what I do when out of town and don't have my own PC with me.

I'm just wondering if using Tom Tom Home adds any value to having a TT Device?
It can be handy for entering Favorites into your device with a real keyboard while at the same time having immediate access to the Internet to check proper addresses and such. Also for Itinerary planning I would guess, although I haven't messed with that yet. I'm sure there are other things you can do via "Operate my TomTom" in TT Home that are a lot easier using a PC than typing into the TT screen with your fat fingers.

On that note; does anyone know why, within TT Home, when entering a Favorite, that my PC Cap key is ineffective? I cannot create a capital letter when naming a Favorite. All lower case only.

-Frank

I haven't used home in months. I get my gps fixes without home and can add favorities, pois etc from my keyboard if I wish using tried and true programs such as poiedit and tyre. far too many problems with home IMHO.

and mapshare, well IMHO it's not all it's cracked up to be. don't need or use home for anything.

Ask a Question