does tomtom traffic use internet or data?

TomTom Model(s)
go 910
Wirelessly posted (HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I have a Go 910 and I have it linked to my cigular 8125 and it works great. I have unlimited internet plan right now. Do I need to get the unlimited data plan? does the traffic get it's info from the internet or will I be charged for data? thanks for any info.

You have to have an unlimited wireless data connection that uses the GPRS signal, which is T-mobile or Cingular(AT&T). Then when you have that connection you go into Traffic on your TomTom to sign up for the subscription. Right now I think it is a free subscription.
:eek:

Wirelessly posted (HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I already have traffic on my tomtom.it worked with my unlimited interner plan with cingular(media works) now it works with the regular cingular. I don't like the data plan so far(I've had it for 2 weeks.) It seemed to give more accurate updates with the old plan. Now I sit in the middle of traffic and it says it's clear. I just wanted to know if I would be charged for data if I have a unlimited internet plan. I checked the site and there is no where to sign for traffic on the US

Ask a Question