Daylight to Night auto switch on the 3rd edition

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition
Is this possible? Is there some kind of hack that will change the screen from day view to night view at a certain time? I'd love to have this on my 3rd edition. Special thanks to Birdman for bringing back the itinerary for the 3rd edition. You rock!!!

Is this possible? Is there some kind of hack that will change the screen from day view to night view at a certain time? I'd love to have this on my 3rd edition. Special thanks to Birdman for bringing back the itinerary for the 3rd edition. You rock!!!

You're welcome for the help on itinerary planning.

There is a third party application called "suntime" that I use all the time...it will automatically switch from day to night. You cannot set the time it switches (it is built in to the unit) but it works well for dusk/dawn. Look for it on my 3rd party apps page
>>> 3rd Party Apps <<<

Birdman: I've said it before and I'll say it again. Your site is absolutely unrivaled genious! Extremely well done my friend! Thank you for all of your outstanding work.

Birdman: I've said it before and I'll say it again. Your site is absolutely unrivaled genious! Extremely well done my friend! Thank you for all of your outstanding work.

Thanks for the kind words. Always a pleasure to help out others.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but when I try to unzip it the folder pops up on my PC screen for a second then disappears. It looks like the window is automatically closing and I dont know why. Any thoughts?

I have a garbled screen-- HELP!

Downloaded version 1.7 of Suntime. I have a TTOne 3rd ed. I cant get the configuration screen to come up properly. Please help.

Downloaded version 1.7 of Suntime. I have a TTOne 3rd ed. I cant get the configuration screen to come up properly. Please help.

Taken directly from the Webazar website:
To run Suntime correctly on Rider 2 (with v6), One XL, GOx10 or GOx20 (with v7), perform the following actions :

* install Suntime on your Tomtom
* run it once, the screen is garbaged
* stop it by clicking in the lower left corner of the screen
* connect your Tomtom to your PC and edit the file /suntime/config.txt with Wordpad
* in this file, change the line screenadaptation none in screenadaptation rider2
* save your mods and re-start your Tomtom
* run Suntime, the screen is OK

Birdman's NOTE: Some settings in the configuration screen will not be able to be set using the TomTom because the screen will also be garbled there and there is no fix for that. However, you can edit the same config.txt file as above with the correct parameters you want to use.

Thanks Birdman

Taken directly from the Webazar website:
To run Suntime correctly on Rider 2 (with v6), One XL, GOx10 or GOx20 (with v7), perform the following actions :

* install Suntime on your Tomtom
* run it once, the screen is garbaged
* stop it by clicking in the lower left corner of the screen
* connect your Tomtom to your PC and edit the file /suntime/config.txt with Wordpad
* in this file, change the line screenadaptation none in screenadaptation rider2
* save your mods and re-start your Tomtom
* run Suntime, the screen is OK

Birdman's NOTE: Some settings in the configuration screen will not be able to be set using the TomTom because the screen will also be garbled there and there is no fix for that. However, you can edit the same config.txt file as above with the correct parameters you want to use.

My 3rd edition didn't have a config.txt file in the directory. I ended up just creating it and changed the settings to rider2 as stated above. It works now, but I wonder if there is also a"one" setting I should use instead of the "rider2" one. Any thoughts?

My 3rd edition didn't have a config.txt file in the directory. I ended up just creating it and changed the settings to rider2 as stated above. It works now, but I wonder if there is also a"one" setting I should use instead of the "rider2" one. Any thoughts?

The config.txt file gets created the first time you go into the configuration menus as described above. There is no "ONE" setting.....the author only created the "RIDER2" option.

i am unzipping these files to the downloads folder in my tomtom home v 2.3 but after extraction none of the add on applications im trying are showing up in my tomtom home so they can be added to my tomtom. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i am unzipping these files to the downloads folder in my tomtom home v 2.3 but after extraction none of the add on applications im trying are showing up in my tomtom home so they can be added to my tomtom. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

See Q13 on my FAQ page:
>>> FAQS <<<

Suntime now freezes up TT One 3rd.

After downloading and installing the new "Tom Tom Application for One" today, I discovered that my Suntime won't wotk and causes my TTone to now freeze up and Hang. I tried uninstalling and reinstallint Suntime but still have the problem. Anyone else experiencing this or know of a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice you can give me.

Sincerely,
CloveMan3

After downloading and installing the new "Tom Tom Application for One" today, I discovered that my Suntime won't wotk and causes my TTone to now freeze up and Hang. I tried uninstalling and reinstallint Suntime but still have the problem. Anyone else experiencing this or know of a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice you can give me.

Sincerely,
CloveMan3

If the application you're referring to is Navcore 8.010, that release kills custom menus. Try downgrading to Navcore 7.x

If the application you're referring to is Navcore 8.010, that release kills custom menus. Try downgrading to Navcore 7.x

I think that must be the problem. I checked the Itinerary Planning button and that's FUBAR'ed too.

How do you go about downgrading and where can I find Navcore 7.166?

Which model do you have? My custom menus, Suntime, MenuTT, Calculator, & Skip Waypoint all work correctly on my ONE 3rd, after upgrading to 8.010.

However, the compass & Itinerary Planner are FUBAR'd. :(

R?

Ok i have a TomTom one 3rd edition. I have installed these files for the suntime in the root of the tomtom. I extracted the Cab file also to the root. When i go into the menu i see the suntime logo. If i select the logo the gps locks up on that menu screen showing the icon still. I finally had to hit the reset button on the bottom of the unit. Any ideas???

Everything on the unit is up to date as of this post.

Ask a Question