Computer voices on sd card not working

TomTom Model(s)
TT 920T
I downloaded a couple of US computer voices into my Sandisk 4GB SDHC card and all seemed ok. TT Home showed it as being installed. The card is formatted FAT32 like i've read here and windows explorer sees it as another removable device. I disconnect my TT920 from my pc and when I select the voice I just downloaded, no sound at all. So I remove it from the sd card via TT Home, download it to internal memory and then it works. So why doesn't it work when I have it installed on my sd card?

I downloaded a couple of US computer voices into my Sandisk 4GB SDHC card and all seemed ok. TT Home showed it as being installed. The card is formatted FAT32 like i've read here and windows explorer sees it as another removable device. I disconnect my TT920 from my pc and when I select the voice I just downloaded, no sound at all. So I remove it from the sd card via TT Home, download it to internal memory and then it works. So why doesn't it work when I have it installed on my sd card?

Can you access music saved to your SD card? That will tell you whether it's formatted in a way that the unit can read.

I've been able to download several voices to my SD card, and have no trouble accessing them in the Preferences screen. ...but my SD card is only 1GB.

Can you access music saved to your SD card? That will tell you whether it's formatted in a way that the unit can read.

I've been able to download several voices to my SD card, and have no trouble accessing them in the Preferences screen. ...but my SD card is only 1GB.

Did you download the voices via TT Home or did you drag-n-drop using explorer? Also are you using an SDHC card? My feeling is that the card needs to be in an SDHC reader/writer in order to load files via explorer. I'll try it out tonight. Thanks.

Did you download the voices via TT Home or did you drag-n-drop using explorer? Also are you using an SDHC card? My feeling is that the card needs to be in an SDHC reader/writer in order to load files via explorer. I'll try it out tonight. Thanks.

I'm using normal SD, not SDHC, and I loaded the voices using Home. ...but I can access the SD files through Explorer. If you can't access your SDHC card through Explorer, chances are Home can't either.

Dunno' what to suggest to make SDHC work.

I have the same issue. I was thinking I could use the SD card in my 720 to store extra TTS voices. I download the via TT Home but when I try to access them, their is no sound. MP3's and the regular voices that are on my SD card work fine. So I have no clue as to why. Only TTS voices on internal memory will work. Anyone have any ideas?

It looks like from what i've read from other forums that TTS must reside in the same location as the maps. So if you have NA maps in an SD card, you can add more TTS to the SD card and it should work.

It looks like from what i've read from other forums that TTS must reside in the same location as the maps. So if you have NA maps in an SD card, you can add more TTS to the SD card and it should work.

I'm also seeing some that feel the voices need to be in the same location as the operating system files, not necessarily where the map is located.

So, you can try that option too. But, as always, make sure you have a full (Explorer) backup of your unit's contents before changing any of this stuff around.

Please report back with your fiindings.

Ask a Question