change car icon

I was browsing the new garmin site and noticed that the new garmins have a car icon instead of an arrow. there's gotta be a way to do this on the tomtom..

anyone have any thoughts?

-harry:confused:

yeah, figured that much, but the arrow's gotta be a sprite or something like that.. if it is, you can definitely modify it.

If someone knows some vb and could modify the tomtom files like they did with the auto starter for the x10, maybe its possible.

I think about a year ago, Garmi sued TomTom for patent violation , so we won't likely see a car icon on your TomTom ever ...:D

I think about a year ago, Garmi sued TomTom for patent violation , so we won't likely see a car icon on your TomTom ever ...:D

I didn't realize the car icon is patented...geez these patents can become so ridiculous these days i.e. Amazon's One-Click Buy

It doesn't have to be a car right? I could put a train in place of the arrow hehe

Any news?

Two questions:

1) In spite of any Garmin patent discussed in this thread, there are some TomTom models that allow custom auto icons, correct?

2) Assuming so, is it possible to tweak/hack the TT1V3 and change the icon?

Two questions:

1) In spite of any Garmin patent discussed in this thread, there are some TomTom models that allow custom auto icons, correct?

2) Assuming so, is it possible to tweak/hack the TT1V3 and change the icon?

The GO 720 (and I assume the 920) allow you to change car icons - and even download new icons. Have a look at this page.

Wayne

The tomtom 920T has that option (at least the tomtom home that came with it does). I drive a passat and made an icon for it and have been using it instead of the arrow!

Ask a Question