can't get 740 live to connect

TomTom Model(s)
740 go Live
I recently changed my battery in my Tom Tom 740 Live (completely following instructions as to remove old battery) and when I put it back together it won't connect to my computer or to the charger. I can turn it on and have power so the battery is OK.
What did i do to? Tried it on the car plug and still can't get it to charge.
Any suggestions

Removing the battery within 7 days of last use can cause some interesting effects. In both cases, try a reset. Hold the power button down for 20 seconds until you see the logo and hear the drums, then immediately release it. Then try again to connect to the PC.

Is it possible that you damaged one of the tiny components when levering the old battery out, if it was well stuck down?.

I can't remember if the battery in a Go740 is glued to the PCB or the back panel, but the very first battery change I did (on a Go720 where it is VERY firmly glued to the board) caused me to lose Bluetooth connection. Further investifgation showed I had cracked a comonent.

Ask a Question