Can TMC run my battery flat

TomTom Model(s)
Via 135
I havent driven my car for a few days, and on Wednesday night (hadnt driven for three days) I started the car, but I could tell the battery was virtually flat. the only item that was 'live' was my TMC cable had been plugged in, even though my Via was not.

does the TMC cable draw a lot of power, and could this have run my battery flat??

I look forward to responses.

I may be wrong but I do not think so. If the battery in the unit, that's what we're talking about, right?) was flat, it probably was weak in the first place. Also, was the car outside and the temperature cold? That reduces battery power as well.

Negative, dhn. I think he's talking about his car's battery. Any power that the RDS receiver might use with the unit powered down will be miniscule. We've not heard this from other users before. Sounds like Mardeman may be up for a new vehicle battery, or have another unexpected parasitic loss. Back in my 720 days, I could leave the RDS connected during long vacations while parked at the airport with no ill effect.

Ask a Question