Browse Map - moving the map

I was in a store yesterday looking at TTs, and trying a couple of the demo models out. I decided to see how well "browse map" worked. The first unit I tried (XL Live IQ) went to the place I asked for, but trying to move the map around using my fingertip on the screen was an ordeal. The map was very reluctant to move, and when it did the zoom level sometimes altered. On the other hand, changing the zoom level using the vertical scale on the right also worked erratically. Re-drawing the map seemed to take ages.

Moving along slightly, I tried an IQ XXL. This turned out to be completely different; I stroked my finger over the screen, and the map moved smoothly with it. Tapping the zoom scale worked well - a little slow re-drawing the map, but not slow enough to be a problem.

So is the difference caused by the models, is it simply down to differences in individual units, or could it be down to the time the unit has been used for display and trial purposes?

Ask a Question