Bluetooth settings bricked the 930?

Hi all.

I'm having a weird problem with my 930T. Bluetooth has always worked nicely for me, but after the recent battery change, it's been acting up. I had turned it off prior to changing the battery, as a measure to save some energy on the old battery.
Back in action, I was running the 9.025 Navcore as it had been working nicely prior to the "surgery" and seemed to do so afterwards as well.
However, when I try enabling Bluetooth or going into "Manage phones", the device locks up (the connected phone is an iPhone, in case that helps) and reboots. Going back to 8.393 which is running off the internal memory, I found that I could enable Bluetooth, but rebooting the device after that just locks the device up at the boot logo and after a while it reboots again, locks up again and gets stuck in that cycle.
I've tried everything I know to do a factory reset (since I can't get at the actual option in the device) - deleting settings.dat, running clear-flash, and doing pin resets. However, nothing helps and I am now unable to boot the device to either 8.393 (which has always worked perfectly on my device and was offered as an official update by TomTom HOME) or 9.025.
Any tips on how to recover my device from this state of non-bootability?

Don't know about the 930 T but the up-to-date OS for my 930 is 8.351 and that screwed up several things with Bluetooth.
I reverted to 8.302 months ago and don't seem to have any problems.

Oh and yes, this is a 930T. Reformatted the unit and installed from scratch. Still the same problem - I can activate Bluetooth in an 8.x series Navcore but on reboot it hangs and ends up in a continous reboot cycle that can not be broken with any "normal" measure such as pin resets - only a complete reformat and reinstall will help.
So this seems to go a fair bit beyond software issues, as I had no problem with Bluetooth on 8.351 or even 9.025 prior to the battery change.
But the strange thing is, it seems ONLY Bluetooth is affected - nothing else.

Others have stated that the bluetooth circuitry is directly under the battery, and that it is easy to damage it when prying off the original battery. Unfortunately, that may have happened to you.

Ask a Question