Bluetooth confusion, pls help

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
I have bought a bluetooth headset which connects to the TT Go 730 for listening to music and instructions fine, it also connects to my phone fine but I am confused how I can take phone calls while using the TT but obviously listen and speak to the person via the bluetooth headset. It seems to get a bit confused as am I, it comes up on the phone that it is swapping between TT Go 730 and the bluetooth headset.
Your help would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Paul

Thanks Dhn.
Is there anyway of having handsfree calls using the TT Go 730 then?
I want to use it on the motorbike and the odd time when I want to speak to someone on the phone means having it connected to the TT.
I thought the TT Rider comes with a bluetooth headset, is this very different?

Look for mikealder to assist. He knows everything about Bluetooth.

Or, look to our biker members............they know a bunch as well.

The Go devices will only ever output a handsfree phone call via there own built in speaker, it simply isn't possible to get the phone to be answered by the Go and route the audio via the Bluetooth, Line Out or FM Tx it simply won't work.
Consider the TomTom Rider as that will do what you want (at a price) or another option is to fit an additional audio output socket to the base of the TomTom that lets the audio signal from the speaker out of the device, with a little messing around its then possible to get phone calls out via a wired connection - Mike

The Go devices will only ever output a handsfree phone call via there own built in speaker, it simply isn't possible to get the phone to be answered by the Go and route the audio via the Bluetooth, Line Out or FM Tx it simply won't work.
Consider the TomTom Rider as that will do what you want (at a price) or another option is to fit an additional audio output socket to the base of the TomTom that lets the audio signal from the speaker out of the device, with a little messing around its then possible to get phone calls out via a wired connection - Mike

Could you elaborate on what is required for this 'wired connection'?

You can use a 2,5MM socket or 3,5MM socket but the smaller sockets are easier to fit due to the lack of available space in the device, not too sure where on the case you will be able to fit the socket in an x30 as the above was from a TomTom One but the same idea would reoute the audio from the handsfree through the socket - Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the schematic details. Doing that type of physical alteration is way beyond my electronic skills. I came from the days of tubes and thru-hole pcb technology. I try to stay away from surface mount pcb.

Thanks again for sharing.

Ask a Question