Big savings on a whole year of maps

TomTom Model(s)
Start55
I have a Start55 which I thought came with lifetime updates to the map. It says so right on the box even!!

Today I received an e-mail from TT about big savings on a whole year of maps for $25.

What kind of rip off deal is/has TT pulled on me? Does this model have lifetime map updates or what, or, have I already been ripped off for buying this unit believing I get free lifetime map updates?

Thank you

If it is a M (lifetime maps) model, you should have gotten a code in the package labelled IMPORTANT--DO NOT DISCARD.

Call CS at 866-486-6866 to have them activate at their end.

Yep,
Have the card and did the activation thing. That's why I'm wondering what kind of rip off company this is?

Knew I should've stuck with a Garmin!!

Are you up to date with your maps? (895). Maybe, it's just a flaw with the email being sent to all users, even those with lifetime maps.

Call CS to confirm that the lifetime maps IS associated with the serial number of your device.

Yep,
Have the card and did the activation thing. That's why I'm wondering what kind of rip off company this is?

No one is forcing you to buy new maps, it's just a case of an automated "offer" going out to everyone - even the people who don't need it. I receive the same notices, ignore them, and use the free lifetime map updates without any problem.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Yep,

No one is forcing you to buy new maps, it's just a case of an automated "offer" going out to everyone - even the people who don't need it. I receive the same notices, ignore them, and use the free lifetime map updates without any problem.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

In that case, it is basically a total rip off then. That's them trying to fool/trick someone into giving up $25 that they shouldn't even have had the "offer" sent to! Pretty shady tactics, IMO.

I AM going to call them today and not only find out that I HAVE the lifetime updates, but to chew them out for committing suck blatant trickery!

I think you overestimate TomTom's duplicity and underestimate their incompetence!

It's just a marketing email that everyone gets.

If you get a flyer through your letterbox from someone offering to paint your windows, it doesn't mean your windows NEED painting; you just use your judgement.

Are you up to date with your maps? (895). Maybe, it's just a flaw with the email being sent to all users, even those with lifetime maps.

Call CS to confirm that the lifetime maps IS associated with the serial number of your device.

I was wondering if the email I received tonight from TomTom was genuine or not, $24.95 for latest Map of Australia* straight away, and then four additional map downloads throughout the year, just seemed too good to be true. :eek:

I didn't want to use my CC and be duped by some scammer. :mad:

On that note I'm off to take advantage of the cheap offer (typical Aussie, always sniffing around for a cheap bargain). :thumb:

:D :D :D :D

It's not a scammer. TomTom users worldwide got the email for their relevant maps.

815? Heck, they've probably rebuilt the entire road system since then :D 815 is four years old now. Glad you got a good deal on the updates.

815? Heck, they've probably rebuilt the entire road system since then :D 815 is four years old now. Glad you got a good deal on the updates.

As long as it gets me close to my destination I can normally find my way, I don't need to send in cruise missiles before I arrive. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides that I'm a tight a***d aussie pensioner. :D

It's not a scammer. TomTom users worldwide got the email for their relevant maps.

Thanks DHN, I have updated my TT One map from v815. :embarassed: :D

Add my thanks DHN and others in this thread for the heads-up on map upgrades for my 2008 ONE XL. Although I never did receive email notification about the 1/2 price deal going on (USD 27.50) because my registered email account had long ago been closed down, after updating my email to a new address and paying the requisite $, the new map downloaded and installed without a glitch.

:thumb:

Ask a Question