backing up tomtomgo

i have been advised not to use tomtom home to make a backup, so 2questions here, firstly on the home home page there is a screen for backup your device and another screen for copy contents of your go to computer. what is the difference between the two facilities and by using copy contents of go to computer, would this be the same as if i backed up to computer outside of tom tom home? if that makes sense?

regards bob

can't find foler options

Okay.......

Home's Backup supposedly copies everything to the computer while Copy to the Computer is meant for selective items.

For complete unit backups, DON'T use Home. Use Explorer.

Follow the instructions in this link:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

I started to follow your instructions, using windows XP I went to Control Panel, but got stuck there; nothing read Folder Options. How do I get there?

I am guessing that DHN was trying to get you to expose all files, even hidden ones. You don't need to do that from Control Panel.

Go to the top of any open Windows folder window,

Tools
Folder Options
View
Hidden Files and Folders
- Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders"

By default, Windows hides such things.

Canderson is of course correct. Strange that my version of XP (SP3) does have a Folder Option folder.

Canderson is of course correct. Strange that my version of XP (SP3) does have a Folder Option folder.
Not strange at all. I think they all do. Just sounded like he was getting into the weeds with Control Panel, and since the same tweak can be done from any open Windows folder...

Ask a Question