App 9.401 for XXL540s

Miami Beach FL, New York NY and London UK
TomTom Model(s)
Android apps.
I was was offered and I accepted the above upgrade (from 9.400). It seems fine, but is anything known about what was changed or fixed?

P.S. just saw a note about fixing "SIM errors". As my device does not have any SIM capability, I will assume that there were no changes and the upgrade was vacuuous.

I was was offered and I accepted the above upgrade (from 9.400). It seems fine, but is anything known about what was changed or fixed?

P.S. just saw a note about fixing "SIM errors". As my device does not have any SIM capability, I will assume that there were no changes and the upgrade was vacuuous.
The upgrade to 9.401 from 9.400 is primarily intended to fix a bug that 9.400 introduced for some users in Great Britain who do have SIM cards in their units. As I understand it, the reason that the update to 9.401 was sent to all users was to keep the latest software identical for all of the devices that use the 9.XXX navcode.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

@tgold
If you're OK with 9.400, 9.401 won't make any difference to the operation of your unit. As et suggests, it's only an issue for users with Live models.

As for 9.400 "what was changed or fixed", I'm sure by now you've seen the difference in the user interface. Beyond that...

A lot of attention was paid to various 'crash' situations that users and beta testers had reported over the last couple of years on previous firmware. Various tweaks were added to deal with RDS-TMC and HD traffic problems. Numerous problems with safety cams were fixed. Users of certain older units that were stuck at 8.XXX level code were treated to the functionality of the new RDS cables that are supported in 9.XXX code. That was good for them since the old style cables that worked on 8.XXX were sold out / unavailable.

Bunches of stuff.

Ask a Question