After I updated to 720 maps, everything is missing from my tomtom!!! Favs, Home, etc

Subject says it all. After I updated from the 715 to the 720 map with HOME 2.0, everything was missing from my tomtom.

Fav's, Home, Voices, Recent Destinations, etc etc. All gone.

Any Idea's why this may have happened?

I am about to try restoring my pre-update backup, and then just copy the new map folder over the old.

(Another thing I just noticed -- not sure if it has to do with this or if I just didn't notice before -- but when i "Operate my GO" through HOME, it says that it is a "GO 720" instead of a "GO 920")

EDIT: Only my Home and Fav's were missing. (The voices didn't show up once, but apparently it was a glitch, cause they show up now)

Is that normal?

EDIT: Only my Home and Fav's were missing. (The voices didn't show up once, but apparently it was a glitch, cause they show up now)

Is that normal?

If you copy over the file mapsettings.cfg from a backed up earlier map to the new map folders, your favourites, etc. will return.

It's normal to lose your home location, recents and favorites with a new map. If you have a copy of the old map on your computer where your backup is open the map and look for a file - MapSettings.cfg. Copy or drag that over to the new map. If you had not yet used the device after the map update there wouldn't yet be a MapSettings.cfg file, it gets created when you set a home or favorite location. If it's there just replace it with the older one and you'll have eveything back. About the voices sometimes there is a glitch that might require you to do a pin reset on the bottom of the device.
John

Ask a Question