120via no GPS signal after flight to Australia

Hi all
i have a UK 120via i have brought back to Australia. i have what i am hoping is a easy newby question?
in the settings/status & information/GPS status the
S is set to 0.0 and W is set to 0.0
the device can detect one satellite and currently does not receive a valid GPS signal and i guess this is because of the flight?

smiliarly i also have a tomtom one 130 that i brought from australia > england > australia . that hasnt worked since the flight the bars havnt lit up and are dark blue the same colour as the device background, when i touch the blank bars it says they're are 0 satellites.

th one 130 has had a soft and hard reset and the latest GPS update. while the via 120 hasnt been reset but has latest firmwars.

any suggestions on fixing these two devices would be appreciated

cheers

Last edited:
Take the units outside and away from tall buildings, switch them on with at least two feet between the GPS units and leave them for twenty minutes. They should be able to locate the signal and work out their location given long enough.

I am not too sure what you are going to do with a Via 120 UK model in Australia as there is no way to change the map on that unit - Mike

cheers 4 reply the via 120 couldnt i load aussie maps onto it?

and i will try what you said but not confident there isnt a building over 2 stories for miles will report tomorrow.
cheers

The devices that use the "MyTomTom" Web interface for comms with the PC don't currently support the addition of maps to the device, when TomTom get this sorted out you will be able to add the Aussy map to the device but not as it currently stands - Mike

Ask a Question