Friction Mount

I have a TomTom One 3rd, and am looking for a holder for it other than the suction cup that comes with it. I would prefer to have a friction / beanbag mount that I could place on the dash - any ideas? I've seen some of the items from Ram - they seem a little pricey for the parts that would be necessary - or could I use their base with the suction cup arm from TomTom?

Green,

EVERYTHING is pricy from what I have seen...I was at Best Buy and they have the bean bag for ~$31.00 (on sale), it has a disc in the center that you stick you factory TT windshield mount to.... Look on ebay, there are pages and pages of accessories for the TT.... I was going to get the sand bag, but I am thinking of upgrading the suction cup holder to one that has a "lever" on it for a better seal...

Have fun.....

Jim

I bought a Nav-Mat (universal bean bag mount) for $19 a week or so ago. I like it alot. But I did end up purchasing the TomTom alternative mount to use with it, and THAT was not cheap!

I found a deal for it on slickdeals.net. I can't remember the name of the place, and I was pretty reluctant because the place didn't get great reviews from past customers, but for that price I figured I'd give them a shot. But now that Amazon has it for $21, I think I'd go that route instead. Go over to slickdeals.net and search their forums for "nav-mat" and you'll find the deal I got a few weeks back. I do recommend the Nav-Mat though, it's been great!

I'm going to take a run to Fry's and see what they have. My only concern with the Nav-Mat is clearence between the dash and windshield....

Jim

I have some really good Velcro if anyone is interested in trying that. I used a small 1" piece on the back of my ONE and a matching piece on the dash conspicuously above my radio. It's really easy to get in the car and slap the TT onto the Velcro and go. It isn't your standard Velcro. I believe the product's actual name is Lock-Tite.

I found a deal for it on slickdeals.net. I can't remember the name of the place, and I was pretty reluctant because the place didn't get great reviews from past customers, but for that price I figured I'd give them a shot. But now that Amazon has it for $21, I think I'd go that route instead. Go over to slickdeals.net and search their forums for "nav-mat" and you'll find the deal I got a few weeks back. I do recommend the Nav-Mat though, it's been great!

I picked mine up during the holidays from Heartland America for $22 (free shipping at the time; $2 processing fee). I really like it compared to the suction cup mount I had for my TTG Classic. For our new One XL-S, it looks like the NavMat was made for it.

Dash - Mat

I have a TomTom One 3rd, and am looking for a holder for it other than the suction cup that comes with it. I would prefer to have a friction / beanbag mount that I could place on the dash - any ideas? I've seen some of the items from Ram - they seem a little pricey for the parts that would be necessary - or could I use their base with the suction cup arm from TomTom?

I too have have looking into the Nav-Mat Dash Mat and have found it available at many different prices and many different places. My concern is do I need any extra parts? Because the ONE's charger attaches on the bottom is it necessary to get the extension piece or will I have enough room? Anyone who uses one I'd be happy to hear your reviews.

From what I have seen the Nav-Mat works with the One with the power cable attached. Your current suction mount mounts to the center of the Nav Mat, prices on it vary from ~$31.00 at Best Buy to ~$21.00 at Amazon..

Jim

Ask a Question