You will purchase the next map release?

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
Historically TT releases approximately 4 map updates a year and given that there is still no yearly subscription in sight who will buy the next map release (early this fall probly?)

Ones who have 2, 3 year-old map should buy/update.
I don't, in fact, my torn 5 year-old paper map still serves me well.
I'll update in 2010, maybe :D

I won't... The prices of map updates ($70) is pretty close to a basic TomTom @ $99.49 after rebate.

I have a 1/2" scratch dead-center on my TT LE's screen, so a new unit would hit two birds with one stone.

I don't plan to buy simply because on my TomTom it told me that I needed a new map for Advanced Lane Guidance to work. New map... still doesn't work.

I will probably pass on the next release and possibly the following release. I am interested in seeing what effect TomTom's purchase of TeleAtlas has on the quality of map data, ie, all of the anonymous road speed data and map corrections TomTom has collected over the years. TomTom has stated that this data can be implemented faster now. I would think that another six months or so should be ample time to integrate this data.

I've usually updated every 12-18 months; mainly because there's so much road construction in Houston; especially freeway exits/entrances. It's not cost-effective for me to update any more frequently than that.

I just used my free map upgrade to get 720.......by copying the cs files from the zip and adding the 1 in the asr folder that was supplied here (at the end of the VR sticky) I got voice recognition.

I doubt I will change it anytime soon but will know better after my next trip, probly October. Might not be a new one even then.

Bob

Ask a Question