"You cannot use this map on this device: USA_and_Canada"

Brand new xl330-s, initially failed to update (see error below). Attempted resolution through re-installation set off a downward spiral leaving me now unable to use my map.

I have

Through this process I have been plagued by recurring failures with both formatting and installing components. Component installation failures are accompanied by errors consistently containing the following info:
ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: F:\helpme\medical\index_de.html
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1947)
000003EE
in .\portable\cfile.cpp:1947
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:82
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1058
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Unfortunately, I do not have an "explorer backup" of my data prior to the initial update failure. I do, however, have a second XL330-S that is working perfectly fine. I have spent hours trying to resolve this frustrating issue; any help is appreciated.

What was the map originally on the unit? 835? If so, how are you finding it to reload using Home if you have no backup? The map for your other unit will not work on this one.

When you look at the contents of the unit using Explorer, do you see a map folder on it? If so, do you see a file with the extension of .meta.dct within the folder?

Thanks for the quick response.

There is not "map" folder on the unit. There is and was a folder called "USA_and_Canada". Yes, I do see a file with the extension meta.dct.

Before I made my first reinstall attempt I copied *just* the "USA_and_Canada" folder and its contents to a local drive, but not the entire contents of the unit. I then deleted the contents of the drive (as per the instructions on a webpage I was referring to at the time) and attempted to revive the unit by updating using TomTom Home and then copying the "USA_and_Canada" folder back onto the unit.

I made a later attempt to install the map using TomTom Home after discovering it listed there. My wife's and my TomTom's are on two different accounts, so I assumed it somehow knew about and was referring to the map I initially copied from her drive, but I don't know.

The only thing I know I have from the original data on her drive is the "USA_and_Canada" directory and its contents.

Yes, the specific map folder is what I should have said. Try resetting the unit (hold the power button for about 10-15 seconds).

See if that helps.

I tried resetting and am still getting the same error.
"You cannot use this map on this device: USA_and_Canada"

Following the clue you left asking about the meta.dct file, dhn, I got the unit going by swapping that file out with the one I knew was from the unit's initial map folder. Two working units! woohoo!

Ask a Question