You cannot use this map on this device: USA_AND-CANADA

TomTom Model(s)
xl 330s
I have an XL 330s tomtom. I recently did an update and now all I get is a startup msg which reads:
Problem with map: You cannot use this map on this device: USA_AND-CANADA

Anybody know what I did wrong or what is happening>

Map errors after updating is certainly not a new problem. Members with much more experience will not doubt answer you shortly but....did you make a backup of your TT and if so did you use Windows Explorer by any chance? That information might help later.

...and where did that download come from? We need a lot more information....

If (perish the thought!) you were trying to put a dodgy map on the device then it will certainly stop you. Maps from Tomtom are locked to a single unit and the required "key" files are generated on purchase, whilst the map is being downloaded using Home or MyTomTom.

I got the download from someone.
So what can I do to make the device work like before?

If by 'someone', you mean hacked software or maps, then you've come to the WRONG place.

You'll get no help here! :rant:

TO make it work like before, you have to put the original files back on there, just how they were before you tried your "update".
The normal way to do that is by restoring the backup you should always make before doing ANY update.
If you didn't make one, you'll probably need to buy a new map.

Ask a Question