You can create your own splash screen.

TomTom Model(s)
One V4
You can use your favourite picture to create your own Tomtom GPS splash screen! Sounds very cool, huh? Actually it's very easy.

Step 1:
Pick your own picture. Basicaly it can be any kind of format and for the size bigger is better.

Step 2:
Open your picture with Photoshop or whatever photo editor; rotate your picture Clockwize 90 degrees.

Step 3:
Change the size of your picture according to what kind of Tomtom device do you have:
Tomtom One, Go 300, 500, and 700: 240 width x 320 height (image size should be 225kb)
Tomtom Go 510, 710, 910, and Rider: refer to the size of splash screen currently used in the device

Step 4:
Save the edited picture onto your desktop as *.bmp format.

Step 5:
Connect your Tomtom to your PC and remove the current "splash.bmp" or just rename it with some other name if you still want to keep it; drag the created "*.bmp" picture into the Tomtom root folder, and rename it as "splash.bmp" (has to be all lowercase).

Step 6:
Disconnect your Tomtom from your PC and turn it on; the new splash screen should show up!

(copy it from the other GPS forum)

Thanks, It worked great.
Is the splash screen supposed to come on when you turn it off also?
Phil

You can use your favourite picture to create your own Tomtom GPS splash screen! Sounds very cool, huh? Actually it's very easy.

Step 1:
Pick your own picture. Basicaly it can be any kind of format and for the size bigger is better.

Step 2:
Open your picture with Photoshop or whatever photo editor; rotate your picture Clockwize 90 degrees.

Step 3:
Change the size of your picture according to what kind of Tomtom device do you have:
Tomtom One, Go 300, 500, and 700: 240 width x 320 height (image size should be 225kb)
Tomtom Go 510, 710, 910, and Rider: refer to the size of splash screen currently used in the device

Step 4:
Save the edited picture onto your desktop as *.bmp format.

Step 5:
Connect your Tomtom to your PC and remove the current "splash.bmp" or just rename it with some other name if you still want to keep it; drag the created "*.bmp" picture into the Tomtom root folder, and rename it as "splash.bmp" (has to be all lowercase).

Step 6:
Disconnect your Tomtom from your PC and turn it on; the new splash screen should show up!

(copy it from the other GPS forum)

Well for the 720, since it has a photo viewer, you should be able to change the splash screen by choosing the specific image you like from the viewer.

For the suspend screen, the rules should still apply.

Just curious. I changed my splash screen and for some reason every time I turn the unit off, it doesn't show the original shut down any more. I was wondering how I would fix that.

Thanks, It worked great.
Is the splash screen supposed to come on when you turn it off also?
Phil

Ask a Question