Yet another 510 owner

TomTom Model(s)
GO510
It didn't take me long to seek out this group. My S.I.L. has a Garmin in his truck and it impressed me. He gets lost a lot so I thought I'd one up him so I got the TomTom. Must've been a fire sale on the 510's...;) Now I find out my home address isn't in the system. House numbers changed about 4-5 years ago. I'll learn my way around this gadget eventually with the expert help of you all.:D

Hello and welcome.
I would also suggest to add your home location first as a favorite by going to "add favorites" on the menu screen. Then scroll to the next page and select "gps location". Name the favorite HOME or input your address. If you name it HOME. your tomtom will ask you if you want to also place this as your HOME location on your unit.

Pedro

You're welcome. Of course I forgot to mention you have to be at home with the unit on to make your current position as a favorite.

I do this for all my favorites because it's a little more accurate than the address.

welcome to the forum, you will enjoy the great folks and info here.

I have a 510 and love, my friend has the One, we were surprised to see a old farm road that was gravel and only had two tire marks from travel with grass in the middle and a low water bridge when we we finding a cut through at Lake of the Ozarks, MO. It was there.

Thank you all for the welcome. After browsing the forums, I see I have a lot to digest.
One strange thing... I live in a small town (Pop. 650+\-. There is a highway .75 miles north of my residence, but my TT wants to take me south, then west through town, then north, then east to catch the northbound road. A distance of 4-5 miles farther. Odd.

Ask a Question