Yes another battery question with my go 720

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Hello,

I understand the battery life is a joke but how come when im using a wall charge at home the battery meter never says full?? ive been charging if for over 4 hours now and its still not full. What a waste. Glad the charger was cheap.

Thanks
Bill

Its a software "feature" or others might call it a "bug" but the device will never show 100% on the battery meter, to be honest its not very accurate and should only be used as a very rough guide as to whats left in the battery - Mike

Battery life / charging

Have you considered that the battery might be bad?
My 1 year old 930 had that problem. This is what I found - and what I did to solve it:

I could charge via USB or Auto Power Adapter for a full 24 hours (with the device off) and then unplug to do a battery reading and it would show less than half the battery full - and I could watch the meter empty out in less than 2 minutes and shut itself off due to low battery.

I replaced the battery (not easy but also not too hard) and now after charging overnight the battery meter shows full up to the top and I have not had the patience to leave it on long enough to see how long it will last on battery power!

The battery replacement came as a nifty little kit that included a few little tools needed to open up the Tomtom and do the swap.

Very worthwhile and inexpensive. I purchased the battery via batteryship.com and with shipping it was $34.60
There are good instructions posted here on Tomtom forums.

Best,
Dave

Ask a Question