XXL540 problem

I got a new XXL540TM for Christmas. Took it out and turned it on and it seemed to work fine. Yesterday I was going on my first trip and I turned the unit on and it was working okfor the first few minutes, Tthen it warned me that the battery was low. Whe I plugged in the usb charger, the screen got all these lines on it and faded out. When I reset it, It now shows the boot screen and the TOMTom Logo screen. Then lines appear and the TomTom logo screen disappears and thats it. It doesn't work. Any Ideas?

No it was bought at Target around 10 Dec in Massachusetts. I didn't make a backup of it because I didn't know enough to until I found this forum. It has the lifetime maps subscription which hasn't been registered yet. I I am travelling this week and I am afraid to link it to my laptop in case I cant link it to my home pc after that. It is my understanding that I can only link it to one pc. Would I be best to wait until I get home to work on it?

I charged it yesterday while traveling and then all night last night and most of the day today from my Laptop USB. Is it odd that it would go weird when I plugged in the Cigarette lighter plug? Can I work on it without setting up TomTom Home on this computer?

Well, one of the steps I was going to suggest was to download the application and that requires Home.

But, try this (Home not required):

1. Make the Explorer backup, not Home, of your unit's contents.
2. Format the unit. don't use quickformat.
3. Restore Explorer's backup.

See if that helps......

Just curious. When you plug the TT into either the USB cord or the car power cord does the little LED on the TT next to where the cord plugs in, light up.

DLH

It does for me. It seems funny that everything was fine until I plugged in the charger. I wouldn't think that would corrupt anything. Thats when the trouble started. Coincidence?

dhn

Yes, it does. I was just asking PEITOM if his does.

The power cord for my Lowrance H2O failed real early. So did 4 of their proprietary card readers. Even the remote antenna, which was not the Lowrance brand, failed.

That's why I no longer buy Lowrance products.

DLH

Home is now installed. Files updated locked up when it tried to reboot to finish the installation. What is next?

I'd return it as faulty and get a replacement. I'd also call CS at 866-486-6866 if you get a replacement to ensure that the lifetime traffic and maps (especially maps) get transferred to the replacement unit.

So I got a new XXL540 TM and it won't accept the Lifetime Maps code. Tells me that it is a valid code but that it can't be used with this device type or the version of the application. Now what? I'm getting tired of this crap.

Hi ! Same problem with my brand new XXL540 Europe Model , Freezes at TomTom Logo ( on grey background ) any ideas please to fix? Thanks Phillip

Ask a Question