XXL540 Map Corrections

Hello all.

Is there any way to view all user entered map corrections made on the XXL 540?

Thanks,
Curia

Welcome to TTF.

If you mean the mapshare changes made by YOU, the user and the changes are those done on page 1 or 2 of mapshare changes (meaning: those that can be implemented, not only reported), then you will see the changes on your own map.

If you mean changes by any user which have been submitted, accepted by TT and distributed to others via mapshare, then there really is no easy way to tell what are mapshare changes on your map compared to the data that was on your map when you first got it.

You can remove all mapshare changes fromn your map, but that's a pretty tedious thing to do and then try to compare 'before' from 'after'.

Thanks for the s-p-e-e-d-y reply dhn.

I was referring to changes made by ME. I was curious if there is a file (or screen) that keeps track of changes I make to my TomTom's map regardless of whether the canges are reported or not reported.

Thanks,
Curia

Not in a format you can read, I think. Userpatchupdate.dat and patchupdate.dat are the file names, I THINK.

Hello all.

Is there any way to view all user entered map corrections made on the XXL 540?

Thanks,
Curia

Are you getting the mapshare updates on your unit? I have the XXL540TM and it keeps giving me the error that's it's been 20 weeks since my last update and the system is down.

I am using the most current version of the map 860.3121

That "20 week error" is standard report by TomTom after a map update. I got one of those warnings too after I updated to 860.

It takes some time for map-share updates to start coming out. We just have to be patient. :D

That "20 week error" is standard report by TomTom after a map update. I got one of those warnings too after I updated to 860.

It takes some time for map-share updates to start coming out. We just have to be patient. :D

Yeah but it's been almost a month. It is having no problems taking all my edit updates and uploading them but I have not gotten a single one downloaded. In fact I can't even select a country right now.

I really hope it doesn't take over a month each time they update a map, that would be outrageous. I am just chocked other models have been getting the updates but I have not heard of one person on the 540-TM getting them yet.

Sorry don't mean to go off on you. I appreciate your response. Mapshare is the reason I left Garmin for Tomtom. I just don't want to think I made the wrong decision.

Thanks again

Are you getting the mapshare updates on your unit? I have the XXL540TM and it keeps giving me the error that's it's been 20 weeks since my last update and the system is down.

I am using the most current version of the map 860.3121

My OP question related to whether or not I could view all map changes made by me on my own TT, reported (shared) or not reported.

To answer your question: I also have not been able to download mapshare updates.

Ask a Question