XXL Update Problem

TomTom Model(s)
XXL / 530S / 540S - 2GB (TomTom HOME)
I've just tried to update my XXL Classic via TOMTOM Home but am receiving the attached error which does not make much sense! Following TOMTOM help and assuming it was a Home error, I renamed the Tomtom folder to Tomtom Old and reconnected the device. It seemed to update correctly but on reconnnecting today have received the error again. Could someone please advise me on what the error means and how to get around it?

Thanks,
Nigel
Tomtom Error 1.jpg

This is what is in the link:

NAV2 - Exception: We're sorry but HOME can't complete that task. Please try again later.

Symptoms: Customers updating Map(s) via TomTom HOME may experience this error message.
Steps: Please advise customer to try the following steps. It is also advised that if this does not fix the issue on 1 computer, to test it again on another computer.

- Close TomTom HOME
- Make sure there is at least 4Gb of free space on the hard disk.
- Go to (My) Documents > TomTom > HOME and delete the 'Downloads' and 'FromDevice' folder.
- Delete the Mapfolder (name of the map installed) from the TomTom device memory/sd card
- Windows: Go to Start > Run. Write: %temp% and delete all files from here.
- Re-open TomTom HOME
- Make sure that the customer is logged in with the correct email address.
- Go to Update My ...
- Make sure map is ticked and press Update and Install

Please also make sure the customer is using a wired, unrestricted Internet connection

Ask a Question