XXL Ring mount Problems

TomTom Model(s)
XXL (XXL540-S)
I have an XXL 540 I just got a window mount for it. It's the kind with the snap on ring.
Anyone have an ingenuous way to keep this thing from popping off. I'm thinking about just gluing it on with a super glue type glue. I had intended to use this GPS on my motorcycle. But this mount is total garbage.

Is this a standard TomTom mount? Can you provide a link? What's popping off what? The ball of the arm coming out of the XXL? There are a couple of sizes of balls for older/newer units. Need to know what you bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-...278?pt=GPS_Holders_Mounts&hash=item19e002d496

widow-mount.JPG

The ring is really bad and pops off very easily. I just bought this mount new . So now I need another way to mount this to my bike. Or find the right position for it and glue it to the back of the gps.

I've always thought that ring mount was poor, but I managed to improve it a bit by gently "teeasing out" the small wire loops on the inside of the ring to make them grip a bit tighter.

For a bike, I think the best mounts are the waterproof cases with a clear front, like this one....

https://www.buybits.com/Product/652...e-Bike-Mount-For-Satnav-Systems-sku-6522.aspx
(CLick on the thumbnails for more views of it)

My daughter uses one on her moped with great success.

Ooops, I just re-read your first post and realised you have an XXL.
The case I linked to was for the XL, so you'd need a larger version. I THINK they do one, but I can't access my bookmarks from work,

Last edited:

Ask a Question