XXL Memory

I have bought an XXL a couple of weeks ago, I made a trip to Canada so bought the USA and Canada Maps. Removed the European Maps and then downloaded successfully the USA and Canada Maps.

On return I did the same to get my European Maps back on the device, but half way through the process I accidentally unplugged the USB (before it was complete). Now I have about 770Mb that is allocated on the XXL and no maps.

When I look into the memory on the XXL there is no maps folder, so I can't find when the memory is allocated to delete it. I can't load the new map, as it says not enough memory....

Help.....

Thanks that work!!

One more question, now that I have space I went to Maps in Tom Tom Home and my UK/European Map isn't there?

I see my USA and Canada Map but all other maps it is asking me to buy???

When I go to 'Manage My XXL' it show under items on this computer 2 maps. But from here I can't load it only delete it.

Any ideas?

Yes, exactly. I had to remove the original maps that came with the device. I started to load this back on, then pulled the USB plug out my mistake, so it was there. But isn't there now.

You still aren't answering my question...........

How did you remove it? With Finder? And, if so, where did you remove it to?

And do you have a backup prior to loading the NA maps?

I removed it in the following way:

1. Opened Tom Tom Home
2. Manage my XXL
3. Items on Device
4. Select the UK/European Map - Remove from Device

No back-up (oops)

Does that answer your question?

The strange thing was, it was there when I started this process otherwise I wouldn't have got half way through it.....

Go here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Backups\From Device\

(I think that is the path..........)

And see if you see a map there.

And again, if you go to Home's Manage my Device, device tab, maps, it only shows the NA map?

And if you go to the computer tab, maps, what does it show?

Finally, when you removed the Europe map, did Home offer to save it to the computer?

Nothing in Back-ups

And again, if you go to Home's Manage my Device, device tab, maps, it only shows the NA map? Nothing in Here, no MAPS at all - USA or Europe.

Finally, when you removed the Europe map, did Home offer to save it to the computer? Can't remember the answer to this one.

I have the map in "items on computer' Maps (I have 2) the USA/Canada and the Western and Central Europe (1602.4Mb)

But I don't know how to get these on to my device as it doesn't show up in "Add Maps"

When it shows maps ON THE COMPUTER for Western_Europe, if you click 'more information' it'll show you the location on the computer where it is.

So, go there with Finder and copy that map to the unit.

So, it gives me the info of where it is - when I go there in finder there is nothing in the folder at all.

I have also looked in the location where the US/Canada maps are supposed to be:
TomTom/HOME/Downloads/Complete/Map
and the Complete/Map folders do not exist.

Is my Finder not showing some of the folders???

Any ideas?

It seems something is amiss........not knowing much at all about a Mac, I really don't know what to suggest at this point.

OK - I have found the file (Finder not showing them for some reason) they are in the directory where they are suposed to be.

If I copy them on to the DEVICE. Do I put them on the route or in a folder?

The files I have are

Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB.toc
Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB.zip

I assume I copy the .toc file.

Thanks for supporting me, I hope we are nearly there :)

You NEED a folder on your unit called Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB

Then you need to use Stuffit to extract the contents of the .zip file into that folder. And put the .toc file there as well.

See if that helps

Ask a Question